Our Estate Planning advocates are here to help you. If you need assistance in defending a will, contact us for expert estate planning advice.
When Someone Challenges A Will
As the executor or administrator of a will, you may feel pressure in an already sensitive and upsetting time. If someone challenges the will or your personal involvement, it can intensify the stress you experience and lengthen the time it takes to complete the administration process.
If responsibility for the administration of the will falls to you and you decide to ignore the challenge or fail to act as the law requires, you could face legal action. It’s definitely worth seeking legal advice to prevent these consequences and to ease the pressure on you as defending a Will can be a daunting time.
The First Steps In Defending A Will Include:
- Establishing what your legal position is in relation to the will and what your responsibilities towards it are
- Confirm the legal position of the person challenging the will (only certain people may have authoring to challenge)
How Can Quinn Legal Help?
Our Private Client team are extremely approachable and understand that defending a will can be a demanding experience. Whatever your needs, we’ll adapt our services to fit the situation and ensure that the type of challenge you’re faced with is handled appropriately and efficiently.
- Advise you of your role and responsibilities as executor or administrator
- Establish if the person contesting or challenging the will is legally within their rights
- Discuss the legal implications of a challenge
- Suggest the best course of action for your individual circumstances and the deceased’s wishes
- Work with you throughout the length of the process
- Follow strict timescales and reduce your stress during the experience
Get In Touch Today
Alternatively, you can fill out our handy online enquiry form and one of our team will be in touch within 24 hours.