Our advocates are here to help. If you’ve experienced a problem with a defective product, contact us on 01624 665522 today for expert advice.
What Is A Defective Product Claim?
Products feature in our everyday lives, and it’s usually assumed that they’re safe to consume or use. Unfortunately, some products aren’t made properly or are defective in some way, but this isn’t always discovered until after it’s been used.
If you’ve suffered an injury because of a faulty product, you may be able to make a defective product claim. This means that you could receive financial compensation for your personal injuries and help to prevent the issue from happening again.
Types of faulty product injuries:
- Skin problems caused by faulty cosmetics
- Burns from electrical products or broken cords
- Food poisoning caused by contaminated shop-bought food items
- Broken bones caused by accidents from poorly made equipment
Who Can Make A Claim?
Anyone who has suffered an injury from a faulty product can make a defective product claim, and that includes people who didn’t buy the product themselves. For example, if you were poisoned by food that a friend had bought from a shop, you would still be within your right to seek compensation.
What Do I Need To Do?
There are a few simple measures you can take to help your claim process smoothly.
- If you’re making a claim for a product that you purchased yourself, hold onto the receipt or proof of purchase (e.g. a bank statement showing the payment).
- In cases where an appliance or piece of equipment is defective, take a photograph to use as evidence.
- If possible, keep all packaging and product instructions.
How Can Quinn Legal Help?
At Quinn Legal we’ve dealt with the full range of defective product claims, from sickness involving food poisoning to broken limb injuries.
Depending on the severity of your injury, it can have long-term effects on your health and wellbeing. We understand the significance that a successful claim can make and through this, we work thoroughly to ensure your claim is solid.
- Provide initial advice to determine if a defective product claim is right for your situation
- Draft documentation needed and explain the kind of evidence you may need to provide
- Assist you throughout the process and keep you updated with any news or updates
Get In Touch Today
Alternatively, you can fill out our handy online enquiry form and one of our team will be in touch within 24 hours.