Our Employment advocates are here to help you. If you need help with an employment dispute, contact us on 01624 665522 for expert employment advice.
What Is An Employment Dispute?
An employment dispute refers to a disagreement or argument that can occur in a variety of workplace situations. Disagreements can result from misunderstanding or miscommunication, although some may be the result of deliberate action. In each individual case it’s important to solve the problem lawfully.
Being involved in an employment dispute can be a tense, demanding experience whichever side of the disagreement you’re on. It’s important to seek legal guidance as soon as possible and to provide your advocate with all of the relevant documentation to help to prove your dispute.
Employment Dispute Examples Include:
- Unfair dismissal from the company you work for
- Discrimination claims
- Verbal, physical harassment (e.g. bullying, victimisation etc.)
- Redundancy and company reorganisation
- Maternity or paternity concerns
- Problems with working hours or contracts
How Does Manx Employment Law Handle Dismissal Claims?
An employee can claim that they have been unfairly dismissed in the Isle of Man Employment Tribunal. This is different to the position in England and Wales where both dismissal claims (unfair and constructive) and breach of contract claims can be brought to the Employment Tribunal.
How Can Quinn Legal Help?
If you’re in a disagreement with your employer, it’s understandable that you may feel stressed and upset about the situation, and even angry. At Quinn Legal, our services offer support, as well as guidance. This supportive approach is unique in helping you to manage your emotions and focus on what action you might want to take. The Employment team are extremely approachable and completely appreciate the other concerns that can arise from an employment dispute (e.g. financial worries)
On the other side, if you’re an employer facing an employment dispute, the experience can be time-consuming and affect how you run your day-to-day business activities. With commercial awareness and solid organisation skills, our team can guide you through the dispute process from start to finish. They’ll work tirelessly to offer you advice that reduces stress and helps you to maintain focus on your organisation’s needs, while ensuring that you effectively handle the dispute.
- Help you to determine if your dispute requires legal action, including making or defending a claim
- Advise you throughout the whole dispute process, including making a claim
- Suggest suitable alternative solutions (e.g. arbitration, mediation)
- Represent you in court at the Isle of Man Employment Tribunal, if the situation warrants higher action
Get In Touch Today
Alternatively, you can fill out our handy online enquiry form and one of our team will be in touch within 24 hours.