Our Property team are here to help you. If you’re a landlord or a tenant and need assistance, contact us on 01624 665522 for expert property advice.
In the private renting world, it’s extremely important that legal paperwork is in good order. If you’re a landlord or tenant, we can help you to understand your role in the relationship and what you need to do to stay on the right side of the law.
Top 5 Tenant Rights
- To live in a property that is safe and in good condition
- Know who your landlord is and have access to their contact information
- To be undisturbed unless agreements are in place for the landlord to visit
- To receive a signed copy of the rental lease
- Be guaranteed to get your deposit back at the end of the tenancy (unless damage or other agreed problems occur)
Top 5 Landlord Rights
- To request historical landlord references from prospective tenants
- With a signed lease in place, you have the right to receive rent on time, on the monthly date agreed
- To increase the property rent during certain periods of the tenancy
- To decide not to give the deposit back if a property is left in an unsatisfactory condition
- To gain access to your property, but only at a time mutually agreed with the tenant
How Can Quinn Legal Help?
With in-house property experts, our team are thorough, organised and knowledgeable in applying the law to landlord and tenant situations.
We recognise that disputes can occur between parties and that legal advice is often needed to solve issues before they escalate, and after too. If you’re experiencing a problem as a landlord or as a tenant, we can explain your rights and help you to take appropriate action.
Get In Touch Today
Alternatively, you can Make An Online Enquiry and one of our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
I am extremely grateful for your advice and and I appreciate your legal support to date.