Our Property team are here to help you. If you’re looking to buy a house, contact us on 01624 665522 for expert property advice.
Whether you’re a first-time buyer, you’re buying a new-build home or looking to buy an existing property, our knowledge will help you to make the right decisions.
Purchasing a property is an exciting experience, however, it does take time and often requires a great deal of patience. Part of our service is assisting you throughout this process and ensuring you’re kept up-to-date.
We can help with:
- Explaining any terminology and the entire process before you begin
- Carrying out searches to ensure you have a detailed knowledge of the property
- Dealing with contracts, including handling any legal issues if they arise
- Completing your transaction, including transferring payment and any other legal documents
Buying A New Build Home
New build homes have great appeal, especially if you like the thought of being the first person living in a freshly built property.
Many people have preferences for new builds because:
- They often have the chance to pick furnishings and fixtures before the build is finished
- House contents are newer so likelihood of repair is reduced for the first few years
- Some new builds come with an extended warranty period
As with any big, high-risk purchase, there can be areas of concern when buying a new build home. These may include:
- Higher expense for new homes and a more dramatic depreciation after you move in (should you decide to sell a couple of years in)
- Issues with moving in if the house isn’t finished yet – delays can occur and cause a lot of stress
- Problems with the developer
It’s always advisable to seek legal advice, not only to ensure that the law is followed, but to give reassurance for any areas of concern. Our Property team has an extensive working knowledge of the property market, as well as ongoing contact with Island developers and property professionals.
Buying an existing home
If you’ve found your dream home, our team of expert conveyancers can help you get your hands on the keys quickly and efficiently.
Existing Build Pros
- Benefit from distinct character and sometimes special features
- Leverage and ability to negotiate price
- Confidence that a conveyancer has checked out the property and alerted you to any issues
Existing Build Cons
- It may be tricky to find a home with all the features you would like
- Ongoing problems or much needed renovation can be a costly extra
- Some older homes are less energy efficient or not as equipped with modern features
How can Quinn Legal help?
We’re here to answer your questions about mortgages and deposits, the total costs of buying a home and more. Let Quinn Legal take care of the specifics so you can start packing!
Have you considered our conveyancing quote calculator? Get a quick quote today.
Get In Touch Today
Alternatively, you can fill out our handy online enquiry form and one of our team will be in touch within 24 hours.