Applying For Probate For Isle Of Man Assets
Whatever help you need with probate on the Isle of Man, whether as a resident, relative of a resident or as a firm of solicitors from outside of the Isle of Man, Quinn Legal can help you.
With a specialist Isle of Man probate team, we will take care of your needs quickly and efficiently, providing you with complete peace of mind that you have chosen the right legal team to help you. We are the only Lexcel Accredited law firm on the Isle Of Man.
What Is Probate?
Simply put, probate describes the process of applying to the Isle of Man Courts of Justice to handle a person’s affairs after they’ve died. An application for a formal grant is made to the court, and if approved, it declares that the executor or administrator has the authority to handle the estate assets.
If you are applying for probate from within the Isle of Man, please visit our applying for probate page for further information.
Applying for probate where the deceased has died domiciled outside the Isle of Man
In some circumstances, you may be responsible for the affairs of someone who didn’t live on the Isle of Man, but held assets here (e.g. bank accounts or investments).
Where the person has died domiciled (resident) outside the Isle of Man, the process of obtaining probate can become complicated due to different legal systems, formalities and court procedures. This can mean that even in the most straight forward of matters, providing the Isle of Man court with the right information, together with the right documentation (in the correct certified, translated or original form), can be a frustrating experience, and for some applicants, an unwelcome upheaval at what may already be a challenging time.
For applicants in the UK, while the Isle of Man does not re-seal grants from any other jurisdiction, if a grant has already been obtained in the place where the deceased died domicile (for instance England & Wales), it can simplify the application process.
How Can Quinn Legal Help?
Our specialist probate team is here to help you apply for probate. With approachable advocates and support staff on-hand, you’ll benefit from a caring and knowledgeable team, experienced in handling probate matters for clients resident in countries outside the Isle of Man.
When you make an enquiry, our team will initially:
- Speak with you to find out your details and information about the deceased – you’ll have the contact details of our dedicated Client Service Manager, Leanne Gilman
- Create a quote for our fees and send this to you by your preferred method of communication (phone, email, post)
- Follow-up after a few days to find out if you have any other questions and to determine if you would like to instruct us
When you choose to instruct Quinn Legal, our probate team will:
- Work with you through your preferred method of communication to complete an application for the type of grant required
- Explain any supporting documentation you may need and how you can get access to this
- Put the application together and submit it to the Isle of Man Courts of Justice on your behalf
- Provide you with a timeframe once the application has been submitted
- Keep you updated throughout the entire process
- Answer any questions you may have, at any time
You can expect exceptional service from us. Our probate team have expertise in administering estates and organising probate matters, as well as established contact with local government departments involved in the process.
Get In Touch Today
At Quinn Legal we help our clients from day one with probate Isle of Man. Make a free enquiry with our Client Service Manager, Leanne Gilman, by calling 01624 665522 or complete an online enquiry and find out how we help you apply for Isle of Man probate.