Under the EU user content policy and legal website requirements, all websites are required to make commercially reasonable efforts to disclose, and obtain consent to, any data collection, sharing and usage.
By continuing to use Quinn Legal’s website you provide your consent to collect and use any information that is monitored and collected by cookies, Google Analytics and its sub-features.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website.
Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
There are different types of cookies, and on our website, the following cookies are used:
- Analytical and Performance
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Data, including cookies, that is provided to us is stored on the secure servers located at our Douglas, Isle of Man office.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Google Analytics and Google Analytics Advertising Feature
We use Google Analytics to collect data about our website visitors, including information about:
- Devices used
- Behaviour (e.g. whether you are a new or returning visitor)
- Channels (e.g. how you found our website)
In addition, we have implemented the use of the Google Analytics Advertising Feature to collect further information about our website visitors.
This feature allows us to use first-party cookies and collect information about:
This feature offers other services that we reserve the right to use in the future. These include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
Should you wish to opt out and prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics and Google Analytics Advertising Feature, please visit the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Please be aware that as a result of this Add-on, you may not be able to access some or all parts of our website.
All information that we collect is used to help us better understand our website visitors, and informs our marketing activities. These marketing activities may include:
- Providing you with a good website experience
- Making improvements to the website
- Understanding visitor behaviour
- Producing marketing campaigns using insight derived from information collected on the website
- Gathering information about advertising preferences to inform future campaigns
The information that we collect is used for internal purposes only and is not shared or sold to third parties.
None of these cookies collect any personally identifiable information
|Google Analytics cookies||_ga||Used to distinguish users. You can opt out of Google Analytics cookie.||2 years|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate.||Session|
|_gid||is used to distinguish users and has an expiration of 24-hour.||1 day|
|_utma||Determines the number of unique visitors to the site.||2 years|
|_utmb||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on our site.||30 minutes|
|_utmc||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser.|| when you
|_utmvz||This provides information about how you reached the site (e.g. from another website or a search engine).||6 months|
|doubleclick.net||IDE||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.||1 year|
|test_cookie||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||Session|
Cookies set by other websites through this site
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
What cookies do Moneypenny set within the live chat code that’s been installed on our website?
As mentioned a cookie is a small file which is stored on your computer that is designed to hold small amounts of data about you and your interaction with a website. This is essential for live chat as Moneypenny need to gather information about a visitor to tailor the conversation / experience to the visitor’s needs.
‘TTL’ (Time to Live) specifies how long a cookie is cached before it expires.
- MoneypennyRef, ttl=120min, tracking of origin and site entry
- MoneypennyChatSession, ttl=16min, tracking of chat in progress
- MoneypennyNoProactiveChat, ttl=30min (but to be configurable), flag to avoid proactively prompting visitors again
- MoneypennyChatPoll, ttl=16min, tracking of the chat in progress transcript position
- MoneypennyChatMessage, ttl=16min, message type by visitor persistence across pages
- MoneypennyChatView, ttl=16min, check logic handling
- MoneypennyHistory, ttl=1year, keep track of the visitor visits and last chats to present history to agent
- MoneypennyVisit, ttl=0 (session only), detection of new session
- MoneypennyUserEmail, ttl=1 year, visitor email address used to prepopulate the pre-chat window
- MoneypennyBanned, ttl=30 days, tracking of visitor banned for chatting (banned by agent ban command)
- MoneypennyChatWindow, ttl=30min, tracking of the chat box position and minimize status
- MoneypennyMinimizeStashCookie, ttl=0 (per click only), detection of new messages while minimized so they persist during navigation.
- MoneypennyAgentAvatar, we are using this cookie to store the agent image URL for showing the agent avatar on the minimize state of the chat.
The only personal information about the visitor stored in a cookie is the email address they provided. This information is scrambled (not readable in plain text).
The cookies are stored in the visitors’ browser so once they are deleted in the browser they cannot be retrieved.
Linking by us
It is our policy to obtain permission to link to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of any website that we may link to. If we link to another website, that linking should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work at all times. If you do experience a failed link, please report it by contacting us via our contact form.